Friday, June 13, 2008

on the road

WELL! I survived the journey from sunny North Carolina to San Francisco. We had our first accident, sorta. (see picture) And, it wasn't even me driving!

The drive across the country took us through Memphis, Wichita, Breckenridge, Vegas, and than San Francisco. Special thanks to all the sponsors that provided us with accomodation and food along the way.

Vegas was pretty amazing. It's everything I detest in the world. I lost $96 while north crew stud-muffin Matt scored a cool grand. It's ok though cause gambling is evil so he'll eventually lose and die poor and lonely. I suppose that I should win my $96 back when we go through Vegas again in three weeks. But, that's how gambling problems start.

Spending five days in the car made my current dorm room at the University of San Francisco seem spacious and relaxing. Training and organizing for the upcoming kick-off from the Golden Gate bridge is taking up a lot of time. I've made three bike shop runs, two visits to Walgreens, and a trip to the UPS store because apparently kids can ship bikes these days.

Tomorrow, we have our first practice run, our kick-off dinner, and than the kick-off itself on Sunday!

No comments: