Sunday, July 13, 2008

beta epsilon alumni update

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update ya'll on some things going on with me. Before I do that - I'm happy to report that one of my fellow refounding members - AJ Friedhoff - has been hired as a leadership consultant with HQ. I imagine that he'll be at supreme chapter in Denver for anyone attending. I'm glad that he's taking the opportunity to work for the national office.

Two important developments in my life: One, I'm going to be a teaching assistant and PhD candidate in the communication graduate program at the University of Oklahoma beginning next fall. This is a pretty strong placement for me because of the program, professors, and the teaching opportunities that I'll have available to me. OU ranks in the top half of both of my emphasis areas - interpersonal and health communication. Plus, I expect that I'll get the opportunity to see College GameDay visit us in Norman sometime.

Before I join the Sooner Nation, I'm crewing for Push America's Journey of Hope. I'm currently writing you from Zuni, New Mexico on our way to sunny Texas. We'll make our way to Washington DC for arrival at the capital on August 16. This is something I've always wanted to do so I'm glad that I'm getting the opportunity while I'm in between schools. You can follow our progress at my blog: http://joherich.blogspot.com/.

I'll fly back to Oklahoma City two days before I have orientation at OU on August 22. Everything I own, including my car, is in storage for the summer in sunny Norman.

It's amazing to watch what everyone I went to Mizzou with is doing with themselves. Chris Wolfe got engaged last December. Joshua Moore had an adorable daughter a little over a year ago - first child of the new chapter. Brad Collier will be a PhD candidate at Texas A&M in the fall. Rob & Jim Noce are entering their second year of MU law school. I'm interested to know what anyone else is doing with their lives, my era or previous ones.

Have a good summer - I may be joining the Sooner Nation, but I'll always be a tiger at heart.

go mizzou,
Erich '05

No comments: