Friday, July 4, 2008

bye Tonopah...hello sunny Arizona

Arizona is clearly the hottest place in the US. I can't really complain at the present moment because I'm chillinlaxin' with some ASU guys by their pool/BBQ. Thank you to Greg Richards, whom I met at PKC and MYLC, for inviting me to his casa for some hang time. Not that I don't enjoy my route's company, but I've spent the last three weeks with them and have another month and a half with them 24/7.

My trip so far has been wonderful. I'm experiencing everything I hoped when I signed up. I can't envision another opportunity for spending an entire summer rolling across the country. When else am I gonna get to go through Tonopah, Nevada? Hopefully, never again.

My writings have apparently created a reasonable amount of drama. Whatev. Push America has paid me $4,500 between my summer fellowships and the Voorneveld research grant to develop the views on disability that I have. Might as well go ahead and add some more.

Our stop in sunny Pheonix was pretty neat 'cause I got to hook up with Kim Novak and Matthew Hunt, whom I've known through various fraternity involvements. Matt's first question for me encompassed a large part of my JOH experience: "So, how is it not being in charge and taking orders?" My response was "Well, I'm just along for the ride. I take one moment at at time." Or, something to that effect. Truly, I wouldn't know what to do with being in charge. From a strict leadership/organization respect, I could totally do it. But, I know almost nothing about bikes and only slightly more about the Journey of Hope process. Had I partaken in a JOH summer rather than my summer fellowships at Wonderland Camp, perhaps it would make sense. For now, I'm just along for the ride. I get the same experience regardless of whether I run things or follow along.

I thought that my blogging would be more regular, but internet is hit and miss. Sorry to my readers. I'm surprised that I get about 100 visits per week, not including facebook.

No comments: